Translate


Search Yoleh's Blog

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Not 3 But 4 MediaCorp Female Celebrities I Love

I love to support female artistes more than male artistes, don't ask me why. I would love to share with my readers on not3 but 4 particular female artistes from MediaCorp that I have been supporting these years since I saw their faces on the local Mandarin television scene.

Don't be surprised when they are revealed later on, I know many of today's TV viewers love and support generally younger and newer female celebrities, but due to my age (yes, I am getting old), I rather support the more mature (note: mature not old) female celebrities.

All right, to cut a long story short, here they are in no particular order:
(All images/pictures taken from MediaCorp's website)

1.) Xiang Yun

I love her for her professionalism when it comes to the craft of acting. Having watch her on the television from young till now, she never once puts on a boring performance no matter what role she takes for each different serial.
I still remember when she got married to Edmund Chen many years back because it was quite an affair then.
What strikes me most about Xiang Yun is no matter how much she has aged, she is still popular with viewers, being down-to-earth making her an "Ah Jie" in my eyes.
She wins hands down the Queen of MediaCorp - Zoe Tay in a lot of ways.


2.) Michelle Cheong

Michelle Cheong caught my attention when I first saw her on Channel U (when it was still under MediaWorks). I feel that her acting can be very versatile and she is very suited for both drama and comical roles.
I have yet to even catch a single episode of the show "Sayang Sayang" where she acts as a Peranakan wife to a Baba.
I love her role especially in The Noose (a failed comedy cum news show) where I can remember her for her hair and way of speaking.




3.) Kym Ng

Known more as Zhong Qing, she switched from air stewarding to acting and that is something I am glad of.
I remember her more for her role as Miss "Anything Also Can" in City Beat (which was shown on TCS 8 a number of years ago) along with Bryan Wong and Sharon Aw.
Her acting in City Beat caught my eye and it quickly became my favourite info-entertainment TV program which I will watch every week.
Recently, she is acting in an English sitcom titled "The Yang Sisters II".
Do catch her on TCS 5.


4.) Belinda Lee
I've liked Belinda Lee since watching her on a travel documentary show named "Travel West" where she will travel from country to country to locate Singaporeans.

I feel she has a very big heart and that makes her stand out from a lot of the other actors/actresses.

I was quite pleasantly surprised to see her in some of CHC's announcement videos in the past when I was still attending that church and that made me like her even more.











Archive